Friday, July 11, 2008

An alligator in the ocean

Morgan has been on vacation with her best friend, Bailey, for a week. They went to Florida to spend time at the beach. We are really good friends with this family and felt very comfortable entrusting our child with them for a little over a week. When it was in the planning stages, a week didn't sound bad at all but it seemed like forever when I dropped Morgan off at their house to leave on the trip! It's hard being away from my baby girl for 9 days!!! I miss her & so do the boys.

She'll be home in 2 days and we are SO EXCITED! I can't wait to see all the pics from the trip and just give her a great big hug and kiss.

What's with the title of this post? Well, the most interesting conversation with them has been when Lisa, Bailiey's mom, told me about one of their evening trips to the beach. The girls didn't have their bathing suits on so they were just walking in the water when someone started shouting to get out of the water. Lisa, baby in tow, ran up and got the girls out of the water. Why did they need to get out of the water? Just 10 feet away from them was an ALLIGATOR in the ocean!!!!! It was obviously a bit lost and I guess it kept surfacing and swimming on down the beach. Can you imagine?????? She said the girls weren't even scared. Me, on the other hand, well, I could have waited to hear that story until they were home, safely in Tennessee. :)

If you think about it, will you be praying for safe travels for them tomorrow? They are driving straight through from the Tampa area to TN. LONG TRIP!

Thanks!

1 comments:

Kelly said...

OH MY!!! I'm freaked out for you :o)