One thing I am horrible at is keeping up with people who I don't see all the time. Call it a product of my youth as a military brat, moving around every 3-4 years, but I just struggle with calling people, writing, and just keeping up on their lives. When we moved around as a youth, I just made new friends and didn't really keep in touch with the old ones. It's just the way it was.
So, now, I have moved to TN (over a year ago - wow), and while I've done better than normal, I still struggle to keep in touch with all that I want to. You know how it is, you get busy with your day-to-day life and just don't call or write. That doesn't make it okay, it's just reality.
There are so many people I miss but I'm thinking of one very special friend today. Miss. Myrtle! Me & Myrtle worked together at The Voice of the Martyrs for about 7 years. She was the Administrative Assistant for our dept. and one of the dearest friends I had. I remember countless times sitting in her office or mine just talking about life. She was a surrogate mom for me many times and a good friend all the time. I was encouraged daily by her faith in God and her commitment to her family. Her daughter-in-law, Robin, is the one that watched my children while I worked and she was such a blessing as well. We would go out to lunch a lot and just talk about life. I miss that. I miss my friend.
She moved to a new state about the same time that we moved to TN and really haven't been able to connect since then. It makes me sad.
So, Myrtle, if you read this, EMAIL ME and give me your new contact information. I miss you my friend and I want to hear all about your life in TX!
Wednesday, December 12, 2007
Missing people
Posted by Andie at 9:39 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment