Why April Fool's Day?
Well, Drew is my little AFD joke. You see, Morgan was born in October and the last quarter of the year is typically the busiest at my old job. It wasn't good that I was gone during that time and they always joked with me that I couldn't have any kids during that quarter, they were going to write it in my contract (how funny that all three of my kids were born during the last quarter).
So, April Fool's Day comes around and I told my two bosses that I was pregnant and due around the same time that Morgan was born. I think I even joked around with Eric. I had a lot of fun with this joke.
Two weeks later I was telling then that I really was pregnant! Oops!
Drew was due on Dec. 30th but was really wanting him to come before Christmas. There was supposed to be 16 people at my house on Christmas day and I had visions of going into labor with all of them there so, on Dec. 19th I took the dreaded Castor Oil (yes, I took this with ALL three of my kiddos and it worked all three times).
By mid-evening I wasn't feeling too good but didn't have what I would call contractions. I called the hospital because I hadn't felt Drew move in a while and I was concerned. The nurse said to lay on my left side, turn off the lights & TV and just relax. Within minutes of doing that the contractions started. Morgan was asleep (26 months old) when we started calling the people who were supposed to watch Morgan for us. BOTH were out of town that weekend!!!! Thankfully my friends Dina & Ryan were available and they came over. I do remember that it took them 30 minutes to get there and that was a LONG 30 minutes! :)
We got to the hospital and had to go through the ER because the main doors were closed. I had Eric drop me off so he could go park the car and get the bags. It was kind of comical because I had a really bad contraction in the ER and had to lean against the wall. I turned and there was a group of teenagers in the ER waiting room just looking at me. I guess they'd never seen anyone in labor before. :)
Got to L&D and was 4 cm dilated. I wanted the epidural right away but they had to get a bag of fluid into me first. Darn IV wouldn't go in right. A roll of tape later and a nurse holding my arm and the other one squeezing the bag, I was ready for my epidural! God bless the epidural man! :)
Around 3:30 am I started pushing and at 3:52 am Drew was born. 8 lbs 9 oz! He was and still is such a cutie!
Here's some pics.
Me, in labor, and ready to head to the hospital.
Drew just minutes after he was born.
Drew at 4!(well, almost, this was taken a couple of weeks ago).



1 comments:
Happy birthday Drew!!! Hope you had an extra fun day!
love,
MJB
Post a Comment