I started reading the book "'Don't Make Me Count to Three!'" by Ginger Plowman. I've read "Shepherding Your Child's Heart" and loved it and this book was recommended to be read alongside that book. I've only just started reading it but there were a couple of paragraphs that jumped off the page at me today that I wanted to share with you.
"God does have an important job for me, and it does require much skill. It is my calling, my priority, my struggle, and my goal. I will rise to the occasion and accept the task at hand. I will love, nurture, and train my children the way that God has called me to do.
Moms, we need to be reminded of the awesome responsibility that God has given us. When we respond to the high calling of motherhood with passion, the rewards are far greater than any we could ever gain outside of that calling. The joys of motherhood are rare and beautiful treasure that can be easily missed if we don't seize the opportunity to grab them.
Being a mom is more than being cook, chauffeur, maid, counselor, doctor, referee, disciplinarian, etc. (just to name a few). It's about molding character, building confidence, nurturing, training and guiding. There is nothing like the influence that a mother has on her child. A mother's influence has enormous potential to shape the person a child becomes, for good or ill."
Sometimes the responsibility of motherhood seems over-whelming and impossible but I am always reminded of how God will not ask us to do something and then NOT equip us to do the job.

2 comments:
LOVE this book! Another good one, when you're done, is "Preparing Him for the Other Woman" (A Mother's Guide to Raising Her Son to Love a Wife and Lead a Family) by Sheri Rose Shepherd. You are an Awesome Mom Andie! Way to really love your kids! ;)
~K~
Thank you, I'm going to add that to my reading list. Have a great weekend.
love,
Jaimee
Post a Comment