At school Drew has learned a song that he loves to sing. The first verse goes like this:
"Read your Bible
Pray every day
Pray every day
Pray every day
Read your Bible
Pray every day
and you'll
Grow
Grow
Grow"
I don't remember the words for the second verse but I know it says that when you don't read your Bible every day and pray that you'll shrink.
As you can probably guess, there are motions to this song.
We just got back from a weekend with family in the St. Louis area that was a blast but that brought lack of sleep for the kids. They were already 2 hours past their bedtime tonight so I really just wanted to get them in bed the fastest that I could.
Typically we read from a children's devotional book that shares a scripture, short message, and prayer. The kids really seem to enjoy this time and will ask for it if they think we are forgetting.
Tonight I truly didn't want to do it. Like I said, I just wanted them in bed as quickly as they could get there.
Then Drew shouts out "But I want to grow!"
Wow! My 4-year old just delivered a "spiritual spanking" to his mom. Ouch.
Needless to say, we did our devotions tonight.

2 comments:
Way to go Drew! You must LOVE seeing God work in his life... and yours at the same time :)
Can't wait to see pictures from your trip!
love,
MJB
Isn't it nce to have an accountability partner :0)
Post a Comment