Last weekend I had the awesome chance to get away from the daily grind and hang out with 9 other girls from our small group. When talking about what we wanted to do and where we wanted to go, we decided that we wanted to find a cabin in the middle of nowhere where there was nothing to do and just hang out. No shopping, no nothing, just hanging out doing whatever. Ashley found us a GREAT cabin and away we went.
The evening that we arrived the weather started to change and a winter storm blew in. It snowed ALL Saturday - it was great! In a cabin, in the middle of nowhere, snow falling, hanging out with friends, no kids crying or wanting something - PERFECT.
Most of the girls brought sewing to do. Pillow case dresses, purses, and quillows were made (Becca was the champ - she made 2 quillows, 2 dresses, a purse, a bag, etc). Tammy & Jennifer decided to scrapbook and the rest of us, well, we just hung out. I brought a quilt to work on (hand quilting - OUCH!) and got a fair amount done. I think the caretaker thought we were nuts though - he gave us a funny look when he came in when he saw 5 sewing machines going. Oh well, we were having fun.
I know I didn't want to leave and I'm sure the other ladies didn't either. It was SO GREAT to get away!
Can't wait for the next, semi-annual, girls weekend out!
Thursday, March 13, 2008
Girl's Weekend Away
Posted by Andie at 9:34 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
Glad you guys had fun!
Family time is fun, but there is just something about hangin' w/the girls. :0) Looks like you all had a nice weekend.
Those are great pictures! I can't wait until the next one.
Girlfriends are the best! Sounds like it was just a perfect weekend!
BTW....I saw you picking up the kids the other day at school. I was a few cars behind you. That new van of yours is WAY cute! I bet it's fun to drive, too, isn't it?????
Now Jeanne - the question is - were you behind me on either of the two times that I had to open the door and let Drew get out to pee??? :) That kid always has to go when we are in that line - drives me bananas. Normally I have an empty bottle in my van for just such an occasion but not this week! ;)
Post a Comment