I don't know about you but sometimes I really wish I could stop time. In a couple of weeks my little girl is going to start Kindergarten, move into her own big-girl room, D will start preschool, and we *should* move O out of his crib. I feel like I've blinked and my little girl went from being a newborn, just home from the hospital, to a young girl heading to elementary school for the first time. I wish I could hold my little baby girl again, see her little baby face, the little clothes, and experience all the "firsts" all over again. I want that with all my kids.
My poor youngest child - I don't want to let go of all the baby stuff yet. At his age both M & D were in a big-kid bed and I know they were treated as if they were older than I treat O. I just can't help it, he's my baby, my last baby. I know it's probably time to move him to a big-boy bed, it actually makes sense seeing as how we are moving M into her own room this weekend and putting the boys together, but I just don't want to do it. I guess as long as he's in his crib then he's still my little baby. Yeah - they will ALL always be my babies but Owen is my youngest, closest thing I have to a baby, and I'm just not ready for him to grow up yet. I'm not ready for any of them to grow up yet.
So, there you have it, my sappy, sentimental, mommy post for the week. ;)
Monday, July 30, 2007
Stop time
Posted by Andie at 9:11 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
It really doesn't get easier! I miss my little boys! Sean and I were shopping the other day and I saw a 2year old boy. I told Sean "I miss my little boy!" My big, strapping 19 year old son says "I'm still here, I'm just bigger!" I have to say that I enjoy my kids more as people now than I did when they were little, but there is that longing for a little body to hug and snuggle. That's why I want grandkids! Enjoy them now while they are young and enjoy watching them grow! Love, Aunt Ruth
Post a Comment