Wednesday, July 11, 2007

"Is your mamma gonna have a baby?"

If I ever needed motivation to get my tail in gear and lose the extra 20 lbs I've gained over the past year (and the add'l 20 that I need to lose on top of that), then hearing someone ask Morgan if I was pregnant was it.

Don't get me wrong, looking in the mirror, trying on my clothes, seeing pictures of myself, etc. are all fine motivation but hearing it from a child is pretty darn good too.

So - I need to lose weight. I keep talking about starting Weight Watchers but all it's amounted to is talk. I need to get my tail in gear and go. I also need to get consistent about exercising again too.

I was doing pretty good at the working out and being consistent but then summer hit, and well, it's hard. I haven't gone consistently because it's hard to, especially this month. We had company, then a week off, company, then a week off, and then a family reunion - how do you be consistent in all that?

Eating - that's another story. As the WW leader in Oklahoma so aptly put it, she liked having a party in her mouth, and so do I. Why do I want to eat stuff that tastes like sawdust (which a lot of "healthy" food does)? I also tend to eat when I am bored, eat when I am stressed, eat when I am happy, etc. etc. etc. You get the idea.

All that to say, I am OVER-WEIGHT, I know it, I want to lose it and I think I'll keep reminding myself that obviously others have noticed it and so I should do something about it.

1 comments:

Momma to Two said...

Don't get too hard on yourself - you can do it and you will!!! It's so easy to get involved with life!! If you want maybe you, mom and myself can do it together virtually? I find it helps to do it with someone - that why they keep you motivated. See if you can find someone to go walking with?
Kristen