Saturday, May 17, 2008

Confession of a former NKOTB fan

Okay, I have a confession to make.

In a former life (aka - my 8th & 9th grade year of school) I was a HUGE New Kids on the Block fan. HUGE. Just ask my mom. You couldn't see my wall for all the NKOTB posters on it. I had an affinity for Jordan Knight so the posters were just the group & Jordan Knight. I taped EVERY tv performance and, dare I admit, I even went to a NKOTB concert - twice - two nights in a row.

Head hung in shame.

Do you think less of me now?

Hey - it's not any different than N'Sync & Backstreet Boys of the late 90's and the Jonas Brothers now. Ye without "sin"...

So, the New Kids have reunited for a reunion tour and performed on the Today show on Friday. No, I didn't dvr it (I thought about it but forgot) but I did just look it up on youtube. It was definitely a blast from the past.

I had to laugh when I saw the audience full of women, around my age, with their NKOTB stuff on, screaming like they were back in Jr. High.

That's where I draw the line.

Not going to see the reunion tour! Thought about it though.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Andie! I've been in Vegas and away from blog world, but had to comment on a few... I LOVED NKOTB!! I was in 5th so, didn't get to do the whole concert thing, but had the shirts, posters, Joey Necklace, etc, etc, etc!! HA! I agree though, I am not going to be found in the reunion tour crowds! ;)
~Kristin