One of my favorite memories growing up was visiting my Grandparents (known as Nan-Nan & Pop-Pop) and picking strawberries from Pop-Pop's strawberry patch. They'd send me out with a bucket and I'd come back with very few strawberries in it because I would eat them as I picked them. It was my most favorite thing to do.
Imagine my joy when I found out that there was a place to go pick strawberries not far from where we live. We went out over Mother's Day weekend and picked a bunch of strawberries. We were lucky enough to have my mom (Mom-Mom) here visiting so she was able to pick strawberries too. Morgan also invited one of her friends along.
I have to admit, the strawberries weren't very sweet, they were actually quite sour, BUT with a bit of sugar on them, they were great.
Here are some pics:




Thursday, May 15, 2008
Berry Nice Outing
Posted by Andie at 10:37 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
How Fun. I like the pink. Hope tonight is a big success for camp.
We love that strawberry patch...in Wartrace, right? They have the BEST strawberry cake EVER!!!! But you usually have to order one ahead of time because they sell out so quick.
And I love your new pink look!
Post a Comment