Friday, August 14, 2009

First day of school (Morgan & Drew)

What a big week this has been in the Mueller household. On Wednesday Morgan had her first full day of 2nd grade and today, Drew had his first day of Kindergarten.

Morgan has always loved school. Since Kindergarten she ends each year crying because she doesn't want it to end. I'm so thankful that she loves school and loves to learn, I hope that doesn't change. I still can't believe my baby is in 2nd grade though - it seems like just yesterday we were doing the Kindergarten phase-in with her. The pictures below also include Morgan's good friend, Sarah, who comes home with us each day.

Drew is starting Kindergarten this year and he is blessed to have the same teacher that Morgan had. We LOVE her and are so excited that she'll be Drew's teacher too. Up until this morning Drew was super excited to start Kindergarten and be a "big kid" like his sister. This morning he was excited but that was really tempered by his nerves. I don't see him anxious or nervous very often but as we approached school and parked, he got really quiet. It was funny because we prayed in the car on the way to school and he kept his eyes closed the whole time and was concentrating very, very hard - this is a bit unusual for him. LOL. We got in and he had to sit at a cafeteria table with his teacher and a few fellow students before walking down to his classroom. Our county does a phase-in period for Kindergarten students so for the next 3 school days only 1/3 of the class goes for 1/2 the day. The next 2 school days 1/2 the class comes for the entire day before they all start a regular schedule together next Friday. I think it was good for him to only be there with 4 other students for his first day.

Now we just have one more kid to get first-day-of-school-pictures for! Owen will be starting preschool in September on Tues & Thurs. He is very excited and doesn't quite understand why he can't go to school just yet.











1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures of the kids! I'm glad all went well at school. Love you all, Mom