Wednesday, March 11, 2009

I will blame it on my church...

A few weeks back I went to pick up my children from childcare after church. Well, my three year old BOY was now wearing a white dress - with a butterfly on the chest. YES, you read that right. MY SON was wearing a DRESS. Apparently he had a bit of an accident and I didn't have a change of clothes with him so they put him in what they had - a white dress. Owen didn't care, he actually liked the dress.

When we got home he got very upset when we tried taking the dress off of him and insisted he wanted to wear it again. Somehow, myseteriously, it has disappeared.

So, tonight we are leaving for dinner & church and Owen grabs a hat. Not just any hat mind you. He grabbed Morgan's bright purple hat with red & yellow flowers on it. It's VERY obviously a girl's hat and this kid is insistent about wearing it.

So - into church we went, girl had and all.

All I have to say is this...

If my 3 year old turns out to be a cross-dresser, I am going to blame the church. :) It all started with the dress.

4 comments:

Kelly said...

That is absolutely hilarious :oD

lauraknight said...

Andie,
I laughed out loud after reading this. Hilarious!

Anonymous said...

Andie, you need to let him have the dress one more time so you can take a picture of him, also one with the hat. I bet he was adorable. What did his daddy say?

Marc, Jaimee, Ben and Liam said...

Hysterical! Ben has tried his fair share of princess costumes while at a girl friend's house :)