Monday, March 16, 2009

Future artist or chef?

For Christmas my mom made Owen a chef had and apron as Owen has a real fascination with cooking, often referring to himself as Owen the Baker or Owen the Cooker. Lately whenever I am cooking in the kitchen he will run to get his chef hat, which he keeps in a drawer in the kitchen, pulls up a chair and insists on helping me. Last week I let him help me with the chicken. He broke the eggs & breaded the chicken (excuse his messy face). A future chef in the making?


I'm beginning to think he has a future in the art world. Take a look at his "masterpiece" by his bed. All I can say is, "Thank goodness for the magic eraser." Now, if only it worked on the "artwork" that he blessed our car seat strap with today (not the strap to his car seat, the strap that is part of the car!!).

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Sounds a lot like my boys :o)
Coy loves to cook. He is a master @ grilled cheese, and egg omlets.
As for the artist part, He wrote his name in sharpie marker on the side of the house, and Seth carved his into one of the kitchen cabinet doors w/a paperclip :oP

Boys. . . Gotta Love 'em :o)

Marc, Jaimee, Ben and Liam said...

Such a good mom to take tge time to involve him!