Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Morgan's 7th Birthday

Morgan had her 7th birthday party last Friday night and it was fun. She had 5 friends over for a Spa Sleepover - Blair, Sarah, Bailey, Mary and Judith. What a crew.

After opening presents, Eric took the boys out to a movie so the girls could have a little "girl time." We had set up 3 stations - fabulous fingernails, princess pedicures and fantastic facials (I think).

My friend Shea and her son, Dillon, handled the facial station. We called Dillon "Larry" because he was in charge of putting the cucumbers on the girl's eyes (get it - Larry the Cucumber - Veggie Tales???). Hindsight being what it is, I should have gotten a different facial mask as this one was clear and hard to get off but it was still fun. What was hilarious is that we were telling the girls that the facial masks were making them look younger and several ran to the mirror and insisted that they now looked like they were 4 years old! TOO FUNNY.

Two of my girls from our Wed. night 10th grade small group stayed the night and helped with the Fabulous Fingernails section. Kaitlin gave the girls hand massages and Lindsey painted their fingernails. THANKS girls for your help - you rock!

I handled the pedicure station. We had gotten a foot spa that had warm water w/bubbles for them to soak their feet in first as there was NO WAY I was going to be touching dirty, smelling toes!! ;) We then painted their toenails.

Later in the evening the girls made their own lip balm which they LOVED. Thanks Jennifer for he idea, I stole it from what you did from Jordan's party. :)

We had cake a little bit late as I wanted Eric & Drew to be there and my good friend, and Morgan's small group leader, Suzanne, came to enjoy it with us.

After cake the girls went upstairs to watch Kit Kittredge - An American Girl. About 11:40 pm all the girls fell asleep. They woke up again about 7 am and enjoyed the chocolate chip pancakes that Eric made for them.

It was a FUN night!

4 comments:

lauraknight said...

Great pictures, Andi. Mary had a blast!

Tisha Alexander said...

What a great post! You are so creative. I am sure that having a girl is SO much fun.

Thanks for those blogs that you sent to me, I really appreciate it.

Marc, Jaimee, Ben and Liam said...

What an awesome party! I wish I had been there... great ideas!!! Happy birthday party Morgan!

Tisha Alexander said...

Hey, I tagged you! Check out my blog for details and if you have any questions... let me know!

Have a great day. :)