Monday, November 03, 2008

Community Bible Study - YOU SHOULD JOIN!

I wanted to let you know about a FANTASTIC opportunity to study God's word and fellowship with a group of fabulous ladies starting January 13th.

I'm not sure if you're aware of a national ministry called Community Bible Study . It is a wonderful organization that helps facilitate weekly bible studies for adults and children around the nation. There is a group of dedicated women who are in the process of getting one started in the Smyrna/LaVergne area. They have met this past summer and again this fall as they studied Nehemiah. The group hopes to be an official CBS group after they attend training this spring but they will be modeling their meetings after CBS and using their materials until they are official.

I joined this group in September and have really, really enjoyed it. I found it refreshing to meet with ladies from all walks of life and study the Word together. Their children's area is much more than just babysitting, the kids go through their own lessons that follow along with what we are study in the adult section. You start your time out in small groups to review your homework from the week and discuss the lesson and then we move to a large group for a short study time together.

The Smyrna/LaVergne CBS will be on Tuesdays at 9:30 - 11 am. The cost is $15 for the semester and $10 for childcare for the semester. They meet at Miracle Baptist in LaVergne (just into LaVergne off of M'boro Road).

I am sending this out well in advance because they are trying to have people sign up early so they know how much materials they need, how many leaders they need and how to prepare for the children's program.

Please let me know if you'd like an application.

Thanks for considering this awesome opportunity.

2 comments:

The B Keeper said...

I've heard great things about CBS, but have not been involved. When will the next semester start ? I would like an app.

Anonymous said...

I had the opportunity to be involved in CBS when my kids were small. It was awesome! They have wonderful children's classes. This group really helped me learn to love the Word. Join if you can!
Ruth