I don't know about you but I am MORE than ready for this election to be over. I am tired of the emails, news stories, and media crap about all of it - let's just get on with it!
I remember the first election that I got to vote in - I was in college and it was Bush v. Clinton, Clinton won. I went to a small Christian college and all the talk was how Clinton just had to be the anti-Christ and there was wailing at the thought of him making it into office. People were so dramatic over it and I just thought it was silly. That's not to say I was happy that Clinton won, I wasn't, I am a Republican and have yet to meet a Democratic candidate that I'd be willing to vote for, this year included.
Yesterday I got another email, this time saying that Barak was the anti-Christ and trying to scare all that read it. I was reminded of a GREAT post that my friend made a while back regarding the election. I've thought of it several times as I've reflected on the thought that the candidate I don't want to win might actually get elected.
Here it is (hope it's okay if I post this Todd!):
I'm a member of the Republican Party, but I'm not hugely sold on John McCain. And the longer I live and the more I fellowship with persecuted Christians the less I expect our government to "fix" my problems or reflect my beliefs. There are Christians who seem to believe that if the "wrong" candidate wins the election God will be kept from working in our nation for the next four years. My brothers in China and Egypt and other nations have a hard time imagining that belief: their governments are opposed—even violently opposed—to God's work, but He keeps on working. In fact, His family in those nations is growing FASTER than it is here, with our religious freedom and our Christian president.

2 comments:
I second your feelings on wanting the election to be over. I am glad to have waited in line to early vote. That means people are using their freedoms that citizens of other countries can only dream of. Whether it's an educated vote, that's hard to say.
Thanks for sharing Todd's words, as it gives many courage & strength that God is still ever present in our world.
Thanks for sharing that. I keep believing that God is in control and no matter who wins, He will be in control! I too am more than ready for this to be over. I voted by mail, so I'm done!
Ruth Stedwell
Post a Comment