Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Great Aunt Cara Lee

Today (Tuesday), the Mueller family said an unexpected good-bye to a strong, faithful, beautiful woman of God. Eric's Great Aunt CaraLee passed away this afternoon leaving behind a husband, children, grandchildren, great-grandchildren and a huge extended family that loved her so much.

I first met CaraLee about 12 years ago when I came to work for Bartlesville Wesleyan College, now Oklahoma Wesleyan University. She was very active in the church and part of a HUGE family - the Mueller clan. Little did I know that at some point in the near future I was going to be a part of that same family.

During Eric's first year in Bartlesville, he lived with his Aunt CaraLee and Uncle Duane. They were instrumental in his life during a big turning point for him.

During our wedding CaraLee & her sister-in-law, Charlotte, helped prepare our rehearsal dinner, putting together a wonderful meal that all those in town to celebrate with us could attend. I have many pictures of them working so hard to make that night special for us.

Over the years we have been blessed to spend time with Duane and CaraLee. I remember the times that they helped by providing a place to stay, helping us with house purchases (Duane is a builder), and giving lots of Godly advice. I enjoyed hanging out at CaraLee's house, watching her quilt, as we talked.

Duane & CaraLee have been incredible witnesses for the cause of Christ, not only in our lives, but in the lives of countless others. CaraLee was steadfast in her pursuit of Christ and eager to share His love with words and through practical service. I can and have learned much through her example.

She will be missed greatly.

1 comments:

Tisha Alexander said...

Andie, what a beautiful post. I didn't know Aunt Cara Lee very well, but Monte has always talked very highly of her. I know she will be missed.