Thursday, October 16, 2008

My little ladies man

My second born, Drew, is quite enamoured by the ladies it seems. There have been several young (and older) ladies that have drawn his attention in the past several months, and this at the ripe old age of 4.5 years old! We are in SOOOO much trouble!!!

Aside from his Momma, of course, the first young lady that Drew thought was pretty was a girl named Emma who helped out during his VBS this summer, I believe she's in 9th grade now. He came home and gave me a sweet smile, blushed, and acted a little shy when he told me that he thought Emma was pretty and he liked her. I mentioned to her that Drew had a little crush on her (not in front of him, of course, he would have been mortified, he was embarrassed when I mentioned it to his father) and she thought it was cute.

This morning Drew informs me that he's going to marry Madalyn (don't worry Rachel, it's not his cousin Madalyn LOL!). He tells me that she is in his class. When I asked her why he was going to marry her, he got really shy and then told me that he thought she was pretty and that she wasn't a family member, we had a talk a while back about how you don't really marry anyone in your family. He gave me another one of those embarrassed, shy smiles and started laughing (I'd say giggling but isn't that a term to use for girls laughter?). When I picked him up from school today I asked him who Madalyn was and he pointed her out, giving me another shy smile. His teacher noticed and realized immediately why, I'm guessing because she's noticed his crush too.

Tonight he tells me that now he has 2 girlfriends - Madalyn and my neighbors daughter, Maya. Maya is only ONE YEAR OLD!

It seems that my little Drew, with the big brown eyes and handsome smile, is going to be quite the ladies man. I don't remember even noticing the opposite sex in this way until I was much older.

I better always be his best girl!

1 comments:

Marc, Jaimee, Ben and Liam said...

Too cute! He does have great eyes :)