Monday, September 29, 2008

Pray for a new friend

Okay, I wouldn't normally share this particular information on my blog but it is in the context of how I met my new friend today who needs your prayers.

So - today was my "big" day. Thanks to good genes (I love you Mom & Nan-Nan), I have been blessed with some issues of the female variety that have caused me some real problems this past year. After 2 ultrasounds, my Dr wanted me to get a mammogram at Baptist Hospital that would check out one particular area of concern and give the dr. a baseline mammogram to use for the future. I can't say that I was terribly excited about going but it had to be done. I got to the Breast Center at Baptist and was shocked to see a waiting room of over 30 people at 8:30 am. I finally get brought back only to be in another waiting room with another group of women.

Now, I was already nervous and hearing these ladies talk about their experiences with breast cancer wasn't making my anxiety any less. A few of them got called back and it was just me & a few others. One lady in particular looked very anxious and close to tears. She then started crying as she told us that she had just gotten diagnosed with breast cancer and that today was the day of her surgery. She was overwelmed, scared, and very upset.

I was thankful that God gave me a peace at that moment and I was able to talk to Cathy a little longer. Before she went back we were able to pray together for her surgery.

I have been so focused on my own issues lately that I haven't really stopped to think that there are others, often times right around us, that need a hug from Jesus too. I'm glad that He reminded me of that today.

So - please pray for Cathy from Sparta. Pray that the dr. (also my dr) got all the cancer out today and that it hasn't spread. Pray also that she is encouraged and that God gives her peace.

THANKS!!!

PS - after 4 hours & 4 extra pictures just to make sure I was clear (can you say OUCH!), I was given the "all clear"!! What a relief. God is good.

3 comments:

Diana said...

Andie,

Girl, next time put a kleenex needed post it note on your blog.
Thank you for praying with her. I know it had to have given her a bit of comfort in a very tense and scary moment. God uses us in the most amazing ways...if we let Him.

Glad your pictures came back clear! Thank you God!

The B Keeper said...

Dear Andie. Sing Praises to a great God ! And that he blessed you with an opportunity to help another even in your time of need. Isn't it awesome how he can move.
Dawn

Kelly said...

I love to hear stories of God putting people in just the right place at just the right time. For so many it would have been much easier to just look the other way, or read a magazine & ignore the calling. Way to step up & be Jesus.