Well, I hate to admit this but I'm partly to blame for the new coupon policy change at Publix - one of those who took advantage of the crazy deal on Planter's Trail Mix last week w/the Food Lion coupon (it made it free with $1.00 overage).
Now, my intentions weren't necessarily bad - I bought a bunch of trail mix to donate to our school because we are on limited funds and needed some food options for cheap. That said, regardless, the fact that Publix will take competitor's coupons is a blessing and it shouldn't be taken advantage of. I was convicted of that after my last transaction and I feel badly that I made a bad choice.
There are consequences...
Publix has changed their coupon policy in regards to competitor coupons. They will only take ONE competitor coupon per item, per customer, per day. No more printing off multiple coupons and using them. Apparently there were a couple of people who tried to use 90 Food Lion coupons in one transaction for Trail Mix (getting $90 in overage). Another tried using 64 coupons in one transaction. NEITHER ONE WAS ME - I'm just making that clear. The most I used was 15 which is WAY TOO MANY, I know. I'm sorry!
For more on the corporate coupon policy change - read THIS blog here.
Thursday, September 17, 2009
I'm partly to blame, I admit it.
Posted by Andie at 11:09 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I read about those other ladies yesterday. I don't think the policy change at Publix is a bad one, it is still fair. They could just not take any!! I'm sure we'll all be able to still get good deals.
I agree, it isn't necessarily a bad change. I like that they are limiting the number of B1G1 deals you can buy because I hate going in and everything being gone. It is a little frustrating to only be able to use one competitor coupon, per item, per day but really, how often does that happen?
Post a Comment