I know that Owen is now 3 (has been since October) and that I should probably get on this whole potty training thing but I just don't want to. (say that with a big whine & you've got how I'm saying it LOL).
Morgan was a dream to potty train. It took her 3-7 days and she was done, day & night. She had just turned 2 years old and it was GREAT.
Drew, well, he has been another story. He was SO hard to potty train and it was such a huge ordeal for all of us. He was about 5-6 months past his 3rd birthday. We had been trying for a while before that but he just didn't care. Add to it that he used to hold his poop for 2-3 days and we had some issues. It wasn't an easy process, still isn't at times and he is now 5 years old.
So, I think I'm still wary after potty training Drew and I honestly just don't want to go there with Owen yet. I keep getting "the look" from people when I drop Owen off and tell them that he's not potty trained. You know "the look"??? The one that says, "I can't believe you haven't potty trained your THREE YEAR OLD, what kind of mom are you??"
Well, I'll answer that.
I am a mom who is still traumatized over potty training her 2nd child and, honestly, if Owen is still in diapers when he goes to Kindergarten, I'll HOMESCHOOL.
Monday, January 26, 2009
Potty Training - the third time
Posted by Andie at 7:25 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
If it makes you feel better, Josiah was 3 1/2 when we started with him. He just wasn't ready before that and caught on pretty quickly at that older age. They are now saying (read it in a parenting mag.) that boys are closer to 4 now. So in my mind, he trained early...hahaha!!
Andie,
you are a good mom and I can tell you one thing for certain. No matter how early you begin, kids have their schedule to. It isn't always up to you. Sometimes little kids realize this is one thing they get to control.
Our first was quick...2 and 1/2
Our twins we started at 2 and they became traumatized and refused to go near a potty until they were 3. Jules was about 3 as well.
Don't let anyone make you think you're anything other than the greatest mom to Morgan,Drew, and Owen.
Good luck!
I am trying to be more consistent in working with Lexi, she peed on the floor this morning :( We will get there. Hope it goes well for Owen.
Don't be hard on yourself and don't listen to those "looks" too much either! I've always heard that boys, for the most part, are harder to train than girls....which I kind of think is just because they are more laid back about it. My pediatrician told me not to even expect my boys to want to until they were 3 and, even then, if they didn't want to still....it was (IS) okay to wait until they are ready. He WILL want to on his own eventually. You just keep encouraging him along the way and never mind those looks! :) You're a great mom!
Post a Comment