Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Butterfly Garden

Every time the kids saw the commercials for the Butterfly Garden they would beg me to buy them one. I finally gave in and we got our Butterfly Garden in the mail. Then we sent off for the caterpillars. This has been interesting. About a week ago the caterpillars made their chrysalis's and we moved them from their caterpillar home to the Butterfly Garden. This morning they started to come out. This is pretty cool. I don't think I've ever seen this before. I'm kind of sad that Morgan is at school and missing this part of things but she'll be excited when she finds out that we now have butterflies. I am trying to take some pics but it's hard through the white mesh of the Garden.

I saw several of these kits on the clearance aisle at Wal-Mart the other day and I would definitely recommend it - it's fascinating.

1 comments:

Kelly said...

We did this once, and it was so much fun. I should get another one. Wonder if wally world has any more :o)