Long day. Started out this morning with Owen's 1 year appt. He did pretty good. He weighs 24 lbs 8 oz and is 31 inches long. He had 2 shots and goes back at 15 months. Despite the fact that I like our new dr., I really miss Dr. Paul. Maybe it's because he knows my kids, after all, he was their dr. from birth. At any rate, another part of the change to a new place. Drew was pretty trying at the appt. The dr. even made a comment about Drew being more high maintenance. I had to ask the dr. to hold Owen while I took Drew to the bathroom for a little chat. After a firm talk he was back on the right path (for a little while anyways).
After that I went home, cleaned the car out, made a sack lunch for me & the kiddos and then went to the Pumpkin Patch with the MOPS group. It was a FUN time. The kids had a blast. They did a hay maze, played in a corn/wheat bin, went on a hayride, petted some animals (calves, sheep, goats, etc) and picked out a pumpkin. Lots of fun.
Came home and dealt some more with a 2.5 year old that doesn't know how to be nice to his brother & sister. I swear, Drew is making me crazy. We are really working with him though to help him understand that it's not okay to bite & hit and it is absolutely necessary that he obeys me & his daddy. We'll get there, one day I hope.
The other frustrating thing with Drew is that he is not potty trained yet. He'll be 3 in 2 months and he doesn't really care about going on the potty. He knows when he has to pee & poop and he won't choose to go on the potty. He'll do the "poopy dance" and I'll try to get him to sit on the toilet and he throws a big stinkin' fit. It's so frustrating. Morgan was potty trained around 2 years old so this is pretty late, I think.
The good things about Drew is that he is really becoming a lot more verbal and I love that. He has a tender heart and lots of energy.
Morgan is doing okay. I really think that she is missing having kids her own age to hang out with. She goes from being in school every day for 1/2 days and having lots of friends to basically nothing but me, Drew & Owen. Yes, we've made some friends but we can't hang out with them every day. I'm not sure what to do. We're involved in a church and go Sundays & Wendesdays but she needs more.
I need more. I need a little bit of "mommy time" yet can't seem to really find it. I think it's mainly because I don't know many people here. I want to get my craft area finished so I can use it, I need a creative outlet. That is a frustrating task though as we just can't seem to find the right stuff for the space. I need to get that done, for my sanity more than anything.
I've also looked for a Mother's Day Out program but things are really done differently here. In Bville there are a TON of MDO programs where you can do one day or two days. They aren't really preschools per say but they are slightly cheaper than a preschool setting. Here, most places are two days (and you have to send both days) and Owen isn't old enough to go even at a year old. It is kind of making me crazy. Oh well. I've been learning to spend time with my kids like I haven't in the past. That's good - right? That said, I do need to get some of my time before I go out of my mind!
Well, I guess I'll sign off now. Until next time.
Friday, October 13, 2006
Pumpkin Patch
Posted by Andie at 8:36 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
All the blogs are great! We wish you were here in Bartlesville.
Michelle
Post a Comment