Another "exciting" day in the Mueller household. Started off with Drew coming into sleep with us about 3ish in the morning. I can never ever sleep with kids in our bed so things kind of sucked after that. Got up at 7:30 and went to some garage sales. I had hoped to find some great furniture pieces for my hobby room but came up way short. The sales really stunk. Oh well, I found a few unnecessary things and then came home.
Despite the fact that I know this is God's best for us and this is the house that He wanted us to have, I can't seem to help looking at different areas around Smyrna and wishing we lived in a different place. I was in St. John's Wood today and saw a gorgeous house. It was something out of a magazine and recently sold for right around $200,000. I was kicking myself because I really liked it. Then, I felt bad because it is like telling God that His best isn't good enough for me. That's definitely not the case.
Came home and our kitchen table FINALLY got delivered. I swear, Ashley Furniture was making me crazy. After a short while Eric & I took the kids to Murfreesboro to go furniture shopping. Can I just say that I HATE SHOPPING FOR FURNITURE. It stinks. I just want to get something and get our house done. I'm not interested in looking at every place. There will always be another sofa to see and another store - let's just make a decision. Wish I could say that we found the "perfect" sofa. I think we did find the set that we are going to go with. Do I like it? Sure. Do I love it? Not really but that honestly doesn't matter to me. I know that Eric really likes it and I can be perfectly happy with it. Kind of makes me sad because it means I have to change everything in that room as none of our accessories will now match. OH WAIT - that also means that my wedding flowers won't match. Ughhh. I hate making decisions. Part of me wants to say screw it & order the stuff from JcPenney's online store? I've seen it and I know I like it. I'd hate to get it and have Eric not like it. I just want that room done. I will always feel like we are still unpacking and not settled with that room as it currently is.
After many stops we finally came home and I went out grocery shopping. Exciting, I know. Sad when you have to go grocery shopping to get some time to yourself. Honestly, I was just feeling down this evening. I was craving something familiar like driving on Hwy 75 to Walmart and stopping by Taco Bell or just driving down our road. This place just doesn't feel like home yet.
We did get something accomplished at home though. We got our bathroom painted, at least the first coat. I LOVE IT!!! I can't wait for it to be done and put together. Then it's on to painting the family room/kitchen. Do I want to paint it myself? HECK NO but I don't really have another option. I can't explain it but I just NEED that room to be done. I need that room to be warm & cozy and done and I want it that way before Eric's family comes to see us.
Well, it's midnight and we have church in the morning.
Saturday, October 14, 2006
Paint/Furniture/Groceries... ah life....
Posted by Andie at 11:54 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment