Morgan was late to school today - again. It's not her fault really, she relies on Eric & I to wake her up on time and get her ready. You'd think that after 1.5 years of having to have our daughter to school no later than 7:30, that we'd have it down. Well, we don't, at least not this past month.
Eric NEVER hears his alarm. It can go off ALL DAY, right by his ear and the guy won't hear it. He has the ability to sleep like no one else I've seen. It is a good thing most of the time but it frustrates the heck out of me in the morning. You see, regardless of when he sets his alarm, he won't ever get up before 7-7:30 unless I push him out of bed. When his alarm goes off (it's usually set 30-60 minutes PRIOR to when he actually has to get out of bed grrrrr), I hear it, hit Eric (a couple of times), and he pushes snooze. Five minutes later we repeat the process unless he actually turns it off. The only exception to this is when he has an early meeting and then, amazingly, he hears his alarm the first time it goes off and *gasp* gets up by himself.
The problem occurs when he turns it off after I hit him and I go back to sleep, like today. I have a to-do list a mile long and ended up staying up rather late after I got done working last night. I was tired and well, I didn't wake up when his alarm went off, I woke up at 7:16 am.
There was NO WAY we were going to get Morgan to school on time. We both jumped out of bed, he ran for the shower, I ran to get Morgan up. She was already up and looking for PJ's to wear to school as it's PJ day in her class. We brushed her hair really quick, I got dressed & somewhat ready, we ran downstairs grabbed a pop-tart, made a quick lunch (Cheerios in a bowl, I had nothing else super quick), and out the door we went.
We got to school at 7:33 - THREE MINUTES LATE!!!!! Late is late and so she has another tardy.
I think we're buying Morgan an alarm clock so she can wake us up!
And, if Morgan has detention or something for being tardy so often, one of her parents will be sitting in it as it's our fault, no hers.
Wednesday, December 17, 2008
Tardy
Posted by Andie at 7:57 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
I think the alarm clock for Morgan is a great idea :o) Coy sets his, and gets up to shower himself. That lets me sleep an extra 15 minutes :o) Every minute counts.
p.s. what did you think of the potato pieces?
Post a Comment